Our Financial Advice business is recruiting a trainee paraplanner to work with, and support, our two financial advisers and office administrator.
This role is for a determined and proactive individual, who is confident of working to an extremely high standard.
A rewarding career in financial services awaits the right person for this role, with the opportunity of making a tangible difference to people who seek clarity, answers & peace of mind when it comes to their finances and aspirations.
The candidate will be expected to attend a small number of short training courses and a large degree of on-the-job training will be provided.
In addition, within the first 3 months of employment the successful candidate will commence study for future examinations, towards attaining the Certificate in Paraplanning.
Most studying for the afore-mentioned qualification (and any others that are required) will be done in the individuals own time, however some time may be allowed for home study leave in the days leading up to exam sittings.
The trainee period will last approximately 30 months, by the end of which the individual will have gained Certification, and be fully competent in the responsibilities & duties of the role.
Key responsibilities & duties
- Carrying out research & analysing clients’ financial situation.
- Writing client reports / letters.
- Making financial planning & product recommendations to financial advisers, verbally and in written format.
- Transacting client investments and ensuring that deals are carried out in line with instructions.
- Point of contact for platforms/providers in relation to technical and complex administrative queries.
- Collation and maintenance of information and documents required supporting the advice team in providing compliant advice.
- Ensuring all supporting advice documentation is accurate & sufficient.
- Provide an efficient, friendly and professional point of contact for clients and enquiries by telephone, email and in person.
- Provide a degree of oversight and direction to the office administrator(s), when required.
Other necessary skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team in the delivery of the client service.
- Strong sense of determination, and a high level of work ethic.
- Good IT skills, particularly use of software such as Excel/Word/Outlook.
- Above average attention to detail.
The candidate for the role must be qualified to a minimum of HND level, preferably in a subject which relates to Finance, Business, Administration or Accounting.
The individual should ideally have a minimum 2 years’ experience in an office role which has involved customer interaction, or some other position that has involved customer interaction and some level of responsibility / accountability.
Starting salary depends on age and experience, but could be between £17,000 – £20,000 p.a.
8:45am – 5pm, 4 days a week initially (increasing to 5 days during training period).
Please apply via Indeed.com; search for Trainee Financial Paraplanner (location – input either Aberdeen or Aberdeenshire)